Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Busy Busy!

So much has been going on this month! Despite still not having a job, I have had plenty of art-related tasks to keep busy with. As you may or may not know, my husband and I volunteer at our church, serving in youth ministry. We help out with the high school students. In addition, I am now in charge of all the visual aspects of youth ministry: slideshow announcements, the bulletin board, posters, flyers, getting things printed, etc. These visuals are used for both the high school and middle school groups.

While I am not a designer by nature, I am certainly having fun reading up on the art of design and creating things in Photoshop. The process of creating anything, for me, is exciting and fun! These are but a few things I've done this month.


Slideshow announcement for a previously "upcoming event".



Another announcement slide, more current.



Junior high group name.



Senior high group name.



I clearly have no definitive style with this stuff. I'm still just working out the kinks. I am noticing, however, that my design work is very dark. I think I just really like the contrast of light against dark. Actually, now that I think about it, I think that's why I like charcoal so much. Put down a dark tone first, then work subtractively to get the white of the paper. Hmm... Something for me to think about. I will try to fight that urge on the next thing I design. Just to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment