Monday, August 15, 2011

Stationary Gigs



I've been designing for a lot of weddings this year. They've all been pretty nicely spaced out, and I'm having lots of fun designing the various pieces of stationary. I'm still trying to build up a portfolio, so I'm glad to have had the recent opportunities to do that. I have recently updated my website, and will add more soon. I also have been asked to do the invitations for a friend's 30th birthday party, and another wedding for next year. It will be my fifth wedding job. Can't wait!

I'm finding that I really enjoy designing stationary. Weddings in particular. They are always different. Different themes, colors, etc. Some people like their weddings big and bold, while others like them small and simple. I love sitting down with a bride and discovering what she wants her stationary to say, before there are words to say it. I love capturing the personality of each celebration before it happens. And, as much as there are some very nice, commercially done invitations available, I love the idea of custom invitations. They just seem to capture the uniqueness of each excited couple.

Each relationship is different, so why not express that special romance through the very first piece of the wedding that people see? The stationary. Save the dates and invitations are some of the first things that announce to family and friends that you are about to embark on a new adventure with the person you love most! Why not make it your own from start to finish?

Yep, I'm totally digging the wedding thing. Let me design your stationary! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment