Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Week of Whatever: Moving On

No, that was not my plan for this final week of January. I did not get any actual feet done last week. Just a couple skeletal studies. So rather than assign another topic of study, I'm just going to leave it open to continue work on feet. When I have time, that is. This month has gotten progressively busier, and I just haven't had as much time for these studies.

In some ways, this is a good thing. Not good that I haven't been drawing what I want to be drawing, but good that I've had other things to work on. For example, I'm currently being commissioned by my sister to design a few tattoos for her. I want to have the first two mostly fleshed out by February 1st. In addition to the tattoos, I took on the task of making favors for the women's retreat at my church. The woman in charge asked for help, and so I've been folding pretty paper into pretty boxes. I've also got another commission on my list. My other sister wants me to do one of birds for her. So at some point I'll be working on that.

While the January challenge has not been completely successful, I am still feeling inspired to keep moving forward. I recently put a couple ads on our church's market page. It's for general news and job posts and the like. So I have one offering commission work, and another offering private drawing lessons. I'm really hoping someone will be interested in lessons. I think I'd have fun teaching kids the elements and principles of art, and help them improve their technique. I always wonder what my skills would be like now if I'd learned more at an early age. For example, a core shadow is such an important thing to know about when you are rendering forms, but I didn't learn about it until high school, and even then I didn't understand it until college. I want to share my knowledge with kids who love to draw and who love to learn more about art. I guess we'll see what happens with that.

Drawing from Friday



Favor Boxes (I have about 70 done I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment