Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Weeks of Hands, Ears, and Feet.

So the January challenge is not going at all how I envisioned it would. I've been taking on some other projects this month ( for family and friends) and so my time spent drawing has been cut back tremendously. Still, I am determined to keep up with the various studies each week, even if it means I can't do it everyday, as I did with the week of hands.

Last week I focused on ears, and while I wish I could have spent more time studying them, I am glad I was able to revisit them for a short while. This week is A Week of Feet. In college, we studied anatomy. One of my illustration assignments was even focused on hands. But I feel like I never had much time to get familiar with the feet. They were always sort of an after thought in my figure drawing classes, as were the hands. The main purpose of this challenge is to become a better artist, which means revisiting the things I never had the time to practice.

I doubt I will have as much time this week to draw, but I am going to do my best. And in the future, I think I will do these monthly challenges a little differently, so that I can have more time to learn about each thing I'm studying.

Here's my sketches from the past couple weeks...


Feet

Ears





Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment